Best Burger Recipes, the place for the best hamburger recipe and smoking hot beef sandwiches
Welcome to Best Burger Recipes! You've come to the perfect site for free hamburger recipes and information about ingredients for patties, buns, toppings and stuffings, techniques, cooking utensils, tips and secrets, stories and trivia.
The hamburger is a staple in popular American culture. They're easy to make and a sure crowd pleaser whether you pan-fry them in your kitchen or bust out the big artillery on a sunny Sunday afternoon.
What makes a burger a burger?
Today's burgers include ingredients ranging from common to exotic meats, common garnishes to herbs and seasonings from any culture you can imagine. With all the creativity going on, one has got to ask the question: "What makes a burger a burger?"
According to Wikipedia, a hamburger is a sandwich and a sandwich, refers to a food item consisting of two slices of bread with fillings between them. Fillings can contain "a combination of salad vegetables, meat, cheese and a variety of sauces or savoury spreads".
In the case of the hamburger, the bread is typically a soft bread roll and the filling, a cooked patty made of ground beef combined with toppings such as lettuce, tomato, onion, pickles, bacon and cheese. Spread and condiments include mustard, mayonnaise, ketchup and relish, thousand island dressing, barbecue sauce and more.
The term "burger" is derived from "hamburger" which took its name from the German town of Hamburg. Although the dish's roots is in Europe, it gained massive popularity in the United States of America and Canada to become the quinessential food of North America as well as one of US's biggest cultural exports, besides Hollywood films.
It is easy to see why it is popular. It is easy to eat and excites the palate. It can be a balanced meal with the bread, meat and salad vegetables all tied together with a flavorsome sauce. It is not pretentious, and is, essentially, a working man's lunch.
What you can find at Best Burger Recipes
- At Best Burger Recipes, we want to start from the basics. From introducing ingredients, combining ingredients, to cooking the burgers. A basic hamburger isn't that difficulty to prepare. It is, stripped down to its bare essentials, simply a cooked beef patty in a soft toasted bun.
- From there, we will move beyond the basics and try making hamburger patties using alternative ingredients. Try chicken patties, turkey patties, lamb patties, salmon patties, tuna patties, pork and more.
- Best Burger Recipes will also try to feature healthy alternatives. It is good to eat well and live long so that we can eat more right? A good example are vegetarian burger recipes. Vegetarians and vegans are strong advocates and will not stand to be left out of the hamburger fight. They came out with a good variety of veggie burgers so that they too can enjoy the quinessential North American food lifestyle which is the hamburger.
- We shall also explore interesting ingredients that can be used as toppings to make your burger one-of-a-kind. Let the experimentation starts!
Your experimentation can be as simple as buying a jar of sun-dried tomatoes soaked in olive oil and decking them on top of your patty. You will be amazed at how it can literally transform your humble hot sandwich into something truly remarkable.
- We will also compile a big list of hamburger inspired dishes. See how much influence this eat-with-your-hands food has exerted on other foods.
- Most importantly, we will showcase homemade hamburger recipes contributed by our dear visitors and hamburger lovers as well as share news, interesting hamburger ideas and cooking tips and shortcuts.
Let's hear from you!
I'll be adding new hamburger recipes and information as the site grows, but don't wait for me. If you have any great burger recipes, do share them with me. I'd love to hear what you think, and how you've put your very own spin on these fabulous recipes.
No recipe too simple or too strange. So, feel free to post your own recipes, or comment on someone else's. Tell a story, or share a piece of advice - it's all up to you.
Finally, look around, enjoy and participate ... because Best Burger Recipes is for YOU!