Basic Grilled Turkey Burgers
This basic grilled turkey burger uses fresh premium ground turkey breast.
This is very lean white meat and need some fat and liquid to make sure it is not too dry.
Do be careful to cook your turkey patties thoroughly. There is no such thing as medium-rare turkey burgers.
1.5 pound premium ground turkey breast, grounded
2 tablespoon bacon fat, chopped
1 large red onion, diced
1 clove minced garlic
Salt and pepper to taste
0.5 cup thick beef gravy
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the egg with the ground turkey
- Add the bacon fat and a dash of cayenne pepper
- Mix in the red onion and minced garlic
- Add salt and pepper to taste
- Pour in the thick beef gravy
- Mix it all together by hand and mold it into patties about 1 inch thick and about 3-4 inches in diameter.
- Lay them out on wax paper and store in plastic storage container in the refrigerator before use
- If you are using a charcoal grill, make sure the charcoal is glowing and not still burning with flames before cooking the patties on the grill.
- If you are using a electric grill, turn the heat up to medium-high.
- Brush the grill with a little oil and place the patties on the grill. Grill each side for about 6-8 minutes.