Cheeseburger Chowder, Creamy and Cheesy
Cheeseburger chowder is an all-season dish but especially during the cold depths of winter.
Traditionally chowders are best when slow cooked all day, so a crockpot is ideal.
However, the recipe can be cooked and served in as little as forty minutes on the stovetop.
The following cheeseburger soup recipe serves 4. The only problem is do you eat it with a fork or do you sip it with a spoon? (^_^)
1 pound ground beef
1 small bag of summer potatoes
1 onion chopped
4 cups heavy cream
2 cups shredded cheddar
1 stalk kale or cabbage
3 tablespoons of ketchup
1 tablespoon of mustard (yellow or Dijon)
*Flour as needed to thicken the base
- Wash and peel the potatoes. Cut into small cubes
- Lightly brown the beef in a frying pan with some oil. There is no need to cook it thoroughly if you plan to let it simmer throughout the day. But if you are short on time, it should be fully cooked before being added to the pot
- Add the chopped onion, potatoes and cabbage. Cook it for a couple of minutes
- Add the ketchup, mustard and heavy cream
- Cook until everything is cooked
- Add the shredded cheese, stir to melt
- Transfer to a crock pot to slowly cook
- If you aren't going to slow-cook it, add 2 tablespoon of flour to thicken the soup