Hamburger Pattie Recipe
Every great burger starts with a great hamburger pattie recipe.
I'm going to show you how to craft a classic burger pattie using a recipe that has been modified and passed down for generations.
I'm sure you've heard of burgers made with turkey, chicken and crab. But this recipe is for the one and only ground sirloin pattie - the favorite of home grillers and restaurant chef alike.
Get yourself some top-quality ground sirloin beef.
If you can, try to find grass-fed beef. It's generally leaner than your usual store-bought version and it tastes soooo much better.
Another plus would be to get organic beef that has been raised in your local community. (Supporting local farmers is good for your town's economy. Agree?)
The biggest benefit, however, is that organic cattle is treated in a more humane manner. "Fast food" cattle are usually fed a diet rich in corn, ash and some other nasty by-products such as bovine growth hormones.
Quality ingredients make better burgers. Happy cows make the best tasting burgers.
The Classic Hamburger Pattie Recipe
- Get yourself about a pound of ground sirloin pattie and a medium-sized mixing bowl.
- Add one egg, yolk and all.
- Next, dice both one small white onion and one green bell pepper.
- Then, add a small handful of bread crumbs and mix the entire lot with your hands until all the ingredients are completely mixed in.
- Take small handfuls of the mixture and pat into individual burger patties until they're about 6 inches around and a half-inch thick.
And, there you have it! Now, learn to cook the burgers!