White Castle Hamburger Recipe
Ye Olde Famous White Castle Hamburger Recipe
White Castle hamburgers, affectionately known as "sliders" are one of my favorites. These snack-sized burgers are quick-n-easy and are perfect for a midday munch or the occasional after hours feast. (On the way home from a night out. I must have devoured thousands of these in my 20s when we lived in New York.)
Also, please read below for more Restaurant Secret Recipes. It's a #1 Best-Seller. (And very good!) :-)
Recipe Secrets Exposed Get Inside The Hidden Cookbooks Of America's Favorite Restaurants! Now You Can Have the Secrets to America's Most Wanted Recipes. These are the Secret Recipes You Won't Find Anywhere Else. Click here for more info.
The Best Match
To find the ideal copycat recipe for these, I had my work cut out for me. Ultimately though, I went with one recommended by "A Hamburger Today" that had the ingredients that I had determined were necessary to pull this off - namely, dried minced onions (a big part of the signature flavor) and the right bun.
And speaking of the bun...this recipe uses a modified hot dog bun. I could've kicked myself when I read it! I don't know why I didn't think of that sooner. Pepperidge Farms dinner rolls are said to be pretty close as well.
So without further ado, here's the recipe....
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 2/3 cup beef broth
- 1/4 cup dry minced onion
- 3 oz. jar beef baby food (trust me on this)
- 1 package hot dog buns - buns cut into thirds
- Mix the water and onion into a small bowl.
- In another bowl, combine the ground beef, beef broth and the baby food.
- Spread the meat across a clean surface, cutting it into 3 inch square patties. (You want to keep them thin.)
- In a pan, fry the patties and the onion mixture together until the burgers are browned throughout.
- Place a patty on 1/3 of a hot dog bun and top with onion.
*optional - for that White Castle texture, microwave the burger for about 20-30 seconds.
If you can find a square cookie cutter, this will save you plenty of time with the patties.
Enjoy and please, let me know what you think!
Have A Great Recipe, Tip or Story?
Share it here. We'd love to hear about it!