Cheeseburger Pizza, A Meal Made In Heaven
A cheeseburger pizza starts with a traditional cooked pizza crust with toppings most people would associate with a cheeseburger.
Yes, things like ground beef and cheese. Over the cheese, add pickles, fried onions, ketchup, bacon and juicy tomatoes. When baked, these extra toppings combine to create a pizza that mimics a cheeseburger. Brilliant!
Pizza is the number one preferred meal for about 38% of Americans. Teenagers love pizza and rank it amongst their favorites. Who doesn't like food that they can play and share with. Lifelong friendships are formed over many a pizza.
Cheeseburger comes in third, after spaghetti. A lot of people like to hang out at burger joints and diners, and many eat burgers on a regular basis.
Combining two of the most beloved foods makes a lot of sense, doesn't it? Like killing 2 birds with 1 stone.
The idea to combine these two well-loved American food was born only a few years ago. Domino's Pizza quickly grabbed onto this innovation and released its' version in 2005. The cheeseburger pizza is now offered at many popular pizza chains including Uno Chicago Grill.
When a food is familiar, people feel comfortable and safe with it. They enjoy eating it and are more relaxed. You don't worry about the proper way to eat it or whether you need utensils to eat it with. Eating establishments know this, and that is why they look for combinations of food that people are familiar with and that are common.
The cheeseburger pizza, like any other pizzas, can be altered and amended to suit one's specific likes and dislikes. If bacon is not a favorite, remove it and add a different topping. If more cheese is desired, add more or add one which has more zest or flavor. Try different types of pickles or relish.
You don't have to eat it at a pizza place. Make one at home now with these 2 simple cheeseburger pizza recipes.
Simple cheeseburger pizzaIngredients
1 pound lean ground beef
3 tablespoons cooking oil
1 large jar of sloppy joe sauce
2 tablespoons dijon mustard
1/2 cup dill pickle relish
1 large pizza crust
3 big tomatoes, sliced
1 packet of mozzarella
1 packet of cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees fahrenheit. or 218 degree celsius.
- Heat the cooking oil in large frying pan until medium-high heat.
- Add the ground beef into the pan, spread the beef around and stir to break it up into small bits
- Cook the ground beef, remove and place on kitchen towel to soak up excess fat.
- In a big bowl, mix the ground beef, sloppy joe sauce, dijon mustard, pickle relish together.
- Lay the pizza crust onto a baking sheet.
- Spread the beef mixture eveny onto the pizza crust.
- Lay the tomato slices all over the top of the pizza.
- Tear the mozzarella into small pieces and shred the cheddar.
- Lay the cheeses on top of the tomato slices
- Pop into the preheated oven and bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until the cheese bubbles.
New cheeseburger pizza recipe
1/2 pound ground beef
1 onion, chopped
1 cup thousand island salad dressing, or to taste
1 (12 inch) pre-baked pizza crust
1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt, or to taste
1 cup shredded American cheese
2 cups shredded lettuce
1 tomato, chopped (optional)
Dill pickle slices (optional)
- Fry the ground beef and onion in a skillet over medium-high heat
- Stir to crumble the ground beef and mix with the onion until everything is evenly browned
- Season with seasoning salt
- Drain off excess grease and set aside to cool
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C)
- Take out the pizza crust and lay it on a baking sheet
- Spread salad dressing evenly on the pizza crust
- Top that with a layer of ground beef and onion
- Sprinkle shredded American cheese over the top
- Place into the hot oven and bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until the cheese has melted
- Remove the pizza from the oven and allow it to cool for about 5 minutes
- Slice into wedges and top with shredded lettuce, sliced tomato and pickles, if desired
Are you having pizza or cheeseburger for dinner? Have both!