Cheeseburger Recipe, Basic and Easy
This cheeseburger recipe makes 4 burgers using ground beef. Reduce or increase the amount according to the number of people you are cooking for.
The recipe does not contain any vegetables. Make some garden salad as a side to balance it off.Ingredients
1 large egg
1 pound ground beef
3 teaspoons breadcrumbs
2 teaspoons onion powder
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon garlic powder
Salt and pepper
4 cheese slices
4 hamburger buns
- Combine the ground beef, breadcrumbs, egg, onion powder, garlic powder, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper all together in a mixing bowl.
- Mix it well and let it stand for about 15 to 30 minutes
- Divide this mixture into 4 portions and shape into hamburger patties.
- You can decide what size you want each burger to be. For instance, make 2 large and 2 small ones if you are feeding two adults and two children or you can make them all equal sizes.
- Heat the grill to medium heat. You can use the barbecue or a frying pan on the stovetop. It doesn't matter.
- Grill or fry the patties for about six to eight minutes each side. Check that the side is brown before flipping them over. Do not press down on them.
- When they are cooked, place a piece of cheese onto the top of each for a few minutes to allow the cheese to melt.
- You can go ahead and toast the hamburger buns by placing them cut side down on the grill, barbecue or pan while the cheese is melting.
- Both buns and patties should be done in a couple of minutes.
- Place the patties on the bottom buns, top with your favourite toppings and condiments, and complete it with the top bun.