Fresh Veggie Chicken Burger Recipe
This fresh veggie chicken burger recipe is very easy to put together. It's chock full of vegetables such as bell pepper, carrots, onions and is therefore very heart-healthy and fresh!
2 Onions, (1 chopped and 1 sliced)
2 teaspoon minced garlic
1 red bell pepper, chopped
1 cup fresh sliced mushrooms
1 tomato, seeded and chopped
2 carrots, chopped
2 pounds ground chicken
1/2 cup fresh bread crumbs
1 tablespoon old bay seasoning
Salt and black pepper to taste
- First, preheat the outdoor grill at about medium heat and lightly oil the grate
- In a pan, spray some cooking oil and put it to medium heat. Add onion and garlic and saute the mixture until it turns golden yellow
- Add the bell pepper, mushrooms, tomatoes and carrots. Set aside and allow all vegetables to cool completely
- Now, in a large bowl, combine chicken and vegetables. Add the egg, bread crumbs and seasonings to taste. Mix all together well and form into patties
- Put the patties onto the grate and grill for about 5 to 6 minutes per side
- Roast the buns on their inner side and put one patty on each of the bun base. Top it up with onion slices and serve!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Have A Great Recipe, Tip or Story?.