Make these ground turkey burgers with your thanksgiving leftovers
The celebration is over and you have scraps of the turkey left. Don't throw the bird out. Make ground turkey burgers from the scraps.
Strip the turkey meat off the carcass and place into a food processor and process into coarse bits.
Use the carcass to make a turkey stock. Place in a big stock pot and add some carrots, celery, onions and etc. and you will have a nice thick pot of stock to use for soups.
Donald Trump's West Palm Resort serves the famous Mar-A-Lago turkey burger. It has been raved about by the likes of Oprah Winfrey and many other health-conscious celebs.
Full of great, fresh ingredients, this recipe has been touted as the best ground turkey burger recipe EVER! And although that's saying quite a bit, they could be on to something...
With just a smidge of chutney, apple and chipotle, this turkey burger contains a certain tangy-ness that sparkles up any ground turkey.
If you've found your turkey burgers bland and dry, try this exotic-yet-simple mix. And, let me know what you think!!!Ingredients
3 Granny Smith apples , peeled and diced
1/8 cup canola oil
1/4 cup thinly sliced scallions
1/2 cup finely chopped celery
1 tbsp. black pepper
2 tsp. Tabasco chipotle pepper sauce
4 pounds ground turkey breast
2 tbsp. salt
1/2 bunch parsley , finely chopped
1/4 cup Major Grey's Chutney , pureed
1 lemon , juiced and grated zest
- Saute scallions, celery and apples in canola oil until tender. Let it cool.
- Place the ground turkey in a large mixing bowl. Add all of the sauteed items and remaining ingredients.
- Shape into eight 8-ounce turkey burgers. Refrigerate 2 hours.
- Season the turkey burgers w/ salt and pepper. Place on a preheated, lightly oiled grill. Grill each side for 7 minutes until the meat is cooked throughout. Let it all sit for 5 minutes.
- Serve with a side of Pear Chutney and your fave toasted bread, pita or burger roll.