Use This Homemade BBQ Sauce Recipe To Learn How To Make A Barbecue Sauce
Use this homemade bbq sauce recipe to learn how to make a barbecue sauce and use it as a base to create your very own barbecue sauce.
Barbecue sauce is basically the sauces used to baste food items to be barbecued or served as a dipping sauce on the side. Anything that are combined and mixed together to be used at the barbecue can be called a barbecue sauce. They can be thick or thin but are either spicy, sweet, tangy or smoky.
I always find store-bought barbecue sauce too sweet and salty. I am glad I have a recipe for homemade BBQ sauce so that I can control the amount of salt and sugar added.
25ml vegetable oil
1 clove garlic
1 teaspoon paprika
200ml homemade tomato ketchup
150ml tomato juice
45ml worcestershire sauce
2 tablespoon molasses
1 tablespoon cider vinegar
2 teaspoon dijon mustard
1 teaspoon tabasco sauce
- Wash the onion, peel and chop finely
- Crush the garlic and remove the skin
- Heat the vegetable oil in a pan
- Add the chopped onion and garlic and gently fry until soft and tender
- Add the paprika and fry for a while
- Add the remaining ingredients and bring the mixture to a boil
- Reduce the heat to a simmer and cook to dissolve everything into a smooth thick sauce
- Remove from heat to cool
- Store in a clean jar for use later