Homemade Burger Recipe with Sun Dried Tomatoes Recipe
This is a homemade burger recipe starring ground beef and sun-dried tomatoes.
Mix all the ingredients in a bowl and divide the mixture into 4 pieces (burger shapes) for 1 hr. The patties should kept in fridge before use. Finally add the tomato ketchup to the mixture.
1 pound ground beef
1 medium onion
1 medium egg
6 sun dried tomatoes
1 teaspoon cumin seeds
1/4 teaspoon caayenne pepper
4 White bread rolls
4 sliced cheese (cheddar or any flavour)
Mild mustard (French or American)
Salt to taste
- Peel and finely chop the onion
- Chop the sun dried tomatoes
- Cut the rolls in half and lightly toast the cut side
- Mix all the main ingredients in a bowl. By far the best way to do this is with your hands
- Divide the mixture into four and form each into a burger shape. Pat them well to prevent them falling apart when cooked. Ideally, put them in the fridge for an hour before cooking but this is not essential.
- Preheat the grill to medium / hot. These burgers are also great for barbecue cooking
- Grill for around 5 to 8 minutes on each side depending on how well done you like your beef
- Turn the grill up to high two minutes before the beef burgers are cooked
- Add a slice of cheese topped with a very light dusting of cayenne pepper onto the burgers. Put them back under the grill for the remaining two minutes.
- Mix the tomato ketchup and mustard well, and top each burger with a teaspoon of the mixture
- Finally, top the burger with a slice of lettuce, and place it in the cut roll. Eat immediately with salad or a serving of baked beans are great accompaniments.
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Have A Great Recipe, Tip or Story?.