Homemade Turkey Burgers
You will probably have made some homemade turkey burgers in your lifetime, especially after Thanksgiving.
I am quite sure a big pile of leftover turkey is a common sight for people who served the big bird for Thanksgiving.
Have you stared at it and wondered what you are going to do with it?
Yes, I know you can add it to soups, sandwiches, pies, wraps, salads and more. But burgers will always be a popular choice. Here's a nice recipe I hope you will try.Ingredients
300g of leftover cooked turkey, diced finely by hand or in a food processor
1 onion, diced
3 cloves of garlic, minced
1 tablespoon of Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon of worchestershire sauce
Half a red capsicum or bell pepper, diced
2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon ground black pepper
6 tablespoon vegetable oil
2 burger buns
1 avocado, sliced thinly
1 tomato, sliced thinly
1 small red onion, sliced thinly
- Heat up 3 tablespoon of oil in a frying pan
- Add the diced onion and fry over medium heat till it is soft
- Add the garlic and fry for another minute
- Remove the mixture from pan and let it cool
- In a large bowl, mix together the diced turkey, Dijon mustard, worchestershire sauce, capsicum, egg, salt and pepper, and the onion mixture.
- Divide the mixture into 2 equal portions
- Shape them into round balls and flatten with palm of hands to form patties
- Heat a pan with the rest of the cooking oil
- Fry the 2 patties for about 2 minutes each side.
- Serve hot on the burger bun and topped with the avocado, tomato and red onion slices