Pizza burger recipe, achieving the signature pizza flavour
The million dollar pizza burger recipe question: "what do we add to a burger patty to give it the signature pizza flavor and transform it into a pizza burger?"
Answer: A tomato-based sauce and lots of gooey cheese!
Woah! No! Not this.
While looking for inspiration for the perfect pizza burger recipe, I saw some pretty extreme examples. That's a huge burger by anyone's measure. If I was to eat something like this, not that I have the stomach for it, I'll feel so heavy and stuffed I might just puke. It is a really poor (albeit Huge) example of the perfect pizza burger.
Let's look at a more decently sized pizza burger.
Perfect Pizza Burger Recipe
Customize this pizza burger recipe to fit your own particular taste. Add some cayenne for a spicy kick or top it with classic pizza toppings like pepperoni or parmesan.Ingredients
1 pound ground beef
1/4 pound bacon
4 slices mozzarella cheese
1/3 cup shredded gouda cheese (for a little extra tartness)
1 8-ounce can of marinara sauce
2 cloves minced garlic
2 tablespoon butter (salted or unsalted)
4 hamburger buns
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F.
- Heat a large frying pan (one that preferably can fit 4 patties) on medium high heat
- Fry the bacon thoroughly but remove before it becomes crispy
- Remove the bacon and set it aside to cool before cutting into bits
- Drain almost all the bacon fat from the pan
- In a large bowl, combine the ground beef, bacon, shredded gouda and about 3 tablespoon of the marinara sauce. Mix well
- Mold the mixture into 4 large patties
- Heat up your frying pan with the remaining bacon fat to medium high heat and place the patties in to fry
- While the patties are cooking, heat up a smaller pan to melt the butter and garlic to make garlic butter
- Cut the hamburger buns in half. Dip each bun cut side into the melted garlic butter and place them face-up on a baking sheet
- After the burgers have cooked for about 4 minutes, flip them
- Top each patty with a tablespoon of marinara sauce and one slice of mozzarella
- Place the butter-dipped buns and the entire frying pan containing your pizza burger patties into the oven
- Bake for about 5 minutes
- Take everything out of the oven, assemble the burgers and you're done!