Tuna Burger Recipes | Surprise Your Family on Burger Nite!
Burger nite again? Why not spice it up with some tuna burger recipes? Why make the same ol' beef burgers? Surprise your family with this special mouthwatering yet heart-healthy burger alternative.
Fresh tuna is like the steak of the sea. When properly prepared, it tastes like a premium meat cut.
I like it raw in Japanese sashimi and chirashi. It is so sweet and refreshing. The flesh is firm and meaty. It is even better with the outside lightly seared and the inside still raw and pink. You get a smoky fragrance yet the sweet juiciness of the raw tuna.
Let's cook some tuna burgers!
Fresh tuna burger
Do not cook tuna burgers to well-done. It tastes much better medium-rare.Ingredients
1/2 pound of fresh tuna
4 garlic cloves
1/4 cup extra virgin oil
2 minced anchovies
1/2 cup minced basil
2.5 teaspoons soy sauce
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
1 tablespoon grapeseed or canola oil
2 cups Mesclun greens
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
4 thick slices of tomato
16 thin potato chips
Freshly ground black pepper and fine sea salt
4 hamburger buns
- Preheat the oven broiler
- With a sharp knife, trim off any visible sinew and blood lines from the tuna
- Cut thin slices and chop them repeatedly to make it look like minced meat
- Place in a large mixing bowl
- Place a grater over the bowl and grate the garlic into the minced tuna
- Add the 1/4 cup of olive oil, 2 teaspoons of soy sauce, the anchovies, basil, salt and pepper
- Mix everything well
- On a large flat plate, lay a piece of wax/parchment paper
- Divide the mixture into 4 parts and shape each into patties which is about 1 inch thick
- Place the patties onto the wax/parchment paper on the plate and cover them with a plastic wrap
- Refrigerate for about 1 to 8 hours
- In a salad bowl, toss the Mesclun greens, vinegar and olive oil with some salt and pepper to taste
- In a small bowl, mix the mayonnaise, remaining soy sauce, ginger to make a sauce. Keep this aside
- Place the hamburger buns cut side up on a baking sheet and place them into the broiler. Toast until they become golden brown
- Remove them from the oven, spread with the soy sauce and ginger mayonnaise and place on serving plates
- Add the grapeseed oil to a non-stick skillet pan and heat up to medium high heat
- Add the burgers and cook each side for about 1 and a half minute. Remove from the pan and place them onto the bottom halves of the buns
- Top with a thick slice of tomato and some salad greens
- Cap with the top halves of the bun and serve with chips